My beloved Chaco sandals bit the dust last week after nine years of dedicated service. They carried me through high school, up the Sierra Nevadas, into the Sespe Wilderness, across Greece, South Africa, Italy, France, Spain, and the British Isles, aloft on multiple tall ships in various seas, into the world of making comics, out of college, and into life. I’ll miss them.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
The Artist at Work
Lucy Bellwood is a cartoonist and illustrator living in Portland, OR. When not working on her educational, autobiographical sailing comic Baggywrinkles, she contributes to publications such as Symbolia Magazine, Cloudscape Comics, and Cartozia Tales.
You may also find her sailing tall ships up and down the West Coast. It's kind of a toss-up.
Get in touch at lucypcbellwood [at] gmail [dot] com!
- RT @EriqNelson: @LuBellWoo "I'd while away the hours, drinking beer and skipping showers" 1 hour ago
- “If I Only Had a Beard” (as heard in the hit musical The Wizard of Portland). 1 hour ago
- Ou boy! James Kochalka will be one of our guest artists for Issue 2 of @Cartozia Tales! So excited. cartozia.com/guest-artists/ 2 hours ago
- Are y’all following @jakewyattriot? No? Look at this. Seriously. “Necropolis Test Number 3 tmblr.co/ZHts1ynfUSEc” 4 hours ago
- RT @barrelmag: THE BOOKS ARE OUT!!!!! #CraterXV #Heck 5 hours ago