The first in a series of comics for the Reed College Quest highlighting the challenges of living in a community governed by the Honor Principle. The Honor Principle (or, as it is often affectionately called, the “HP”) grounds itself in the idea that community members should take thoughtful responsibility for their own actions, always considering their impact on those around them. Of course, with something so nebulous there are always grey areas for free interpretation about what is and is not considered “honorable”. We’ve designed this series to spark discussion about what the HP means to Reedies of all stripes, hopefully resulting in a campus-wide conversation about how we can more effectively incorporate honor into our daily lives. Reedie readers (especially current students), I’m particularly interested to hear your thoughts on this one.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
The Artist at Work
Lucy Bellwood is a cartoonist and illustrator living in Portland, OR. When not working on her educational, autobiographical sailing comic Baggywrinkles, she contributes to publications such as Symbolia Magazine, Cloudscape Comics, and Cartozia Tales.
You may also find her sailing tall ships up and down the West Coast. It's kind of a toss-up.
Get in touch at lucypcbellwood [at] gmail [dot] com!
- RT @EriqNelson: @LuBellWoo "I'd while away the hours, drinking beer and skipping showers" 7 hours ago
- “If I Only Had a Beard” (as heard in the hit musical The Wizard of Portland). 7 hours ago
- Ou boy! James Kochalka will be one of our guest artists for Issue 2 of @Cartozia Tales! So excited. cartozia.com/guest-artists/ 8 hours ago
- Are y’all following @jakewyattriot? No? Look at this. Seriously. “Necropolis Test Number 3 tmblr.co/ZHts1ynfUSEc” 10 hours ago
- RT @barrelmag: THE BOOKS ARE OUT!!!!! #CraterXV #Heck 10 hours ago